Full Sixers NBA Draft Lottery Odds
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — This year’s NBA draft lottery brings excitement and nervousness for Sixers fans. The Sixers have at least one lottery pick, hopefully a top-three pick, and likely a second lottery pick as well (acquired from New Orleans). While the ideal scenario gives the Sixers the 1st and 10th overall picks in the 2014 NBA draft, the nightmare scenario leaves the Sixers with just the 5th overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 31.9% chance of acquiring the 4th overall pick.
• The Sixers have 19.9% chance of acquiring the 1st overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 18.8% chance of acquiring the 2nd overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 17.1% chance of acquiring the 3rd overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 12.4% chance of acquiring the 5th overall pick.
• The Sixers cannot fall out of the top-five and have a 55.8% chance at acquiring a top-three pick.
Pick acquired from the New Orleans Pelicans in the Jrue Holiday trade (if the Pelicans acquire a top-five pick, the Sixers lose the pick)
• 87% chance the Pelicans acquire the 10th overall pick.
• About a 9% chance the Pelicans acquire the 11th-14th overall pick.
• 4% chance the Pelicans acquire a top-three pick and keep their pick.
Five most likely combination odds for the Sixers potential two first-round picks:
• 4th pick and 10th pick – 27.75%.
• 1st pick and 10th pick – 17.31%.
• 2nd pick and 10th pick – 16.53%.
• 3rd pick and 10th pick – 14.88%.
• 5th pick and 10th pick – 10.70%.
KYW’s Matt Leon spoke with Derek Bodner, college basketball scout for DraftExpress.com about what to expect tonight and the direction the 76ers may go once it known where they will pick.
Listen to full podcast here…
The NBA draft lottery is on Tuesday, May 20th. May the ping-pong balls be with us.