By Melony Roy
Happy Birthday Twitter!
In honor of Twitter’s eighth birthday, the social network has released a tool that lets users relive their very first post on the site.
#FirstTweet, allows users to plug-in any username and automatically jump back to the first tweet that person sent.
Here’s our first tweet:
Turkey blocks Twitter
Turkey has restricted access to twitter. The prime minister threatened to shut down the social media platform after users published claims of corruption against him.
In the past Turkey has blocked access to YouTube, but this is the first ban on Twitter, which is hugely popular in the country.
Facebook’s Zuckerberg slipping?
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg may be losing some of his appeal. After receiving the No. 1 ranking in 2013, Zuckerberg slipped to No. 9 overall and No. 4 among tech company leaders in Glassdoor’s 2014 list of highest rated CEOs.
The results were tallied using CEO approval ratings from Glassdoor-approved company reviews submitted from Feb. 1, 2013, through Jan. 31, 2014. CEOs at large companies had to receive at least 100 reviews for inclusion.
According to Glassdoor, the five highest-rated CEOs at large companies for 2014 were:
1. Jeff Weiner, LinkedIn, 100 percent
2. Alan Mulally, Ford Motor, 97 percent
3. Richard Edelman, Edelman, 97 percent
4. Paul Jacobs, Qualcomm, 95 percent (Steve Mollenkopf is now CEO of the company, but Jacobs held the position during the time period covered by Glassdoor’s report)
5. Craig Jelinek, Costco Wholesale, 95 percent.
Follow KYW social media editor Melony Roy @MelonyRoy.