Chef Jerzy Gonzalez
Pat Ciarrocchi is joined by personal chef Jerzy Gonzalez and former Philadelphia Eagle Hollis Thomas. Chef Jerzy Gonzalez makes burger sliders and hot wings.
Full recipes below:
Juicy Burger sliders (demo)
- 4 slices American cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck (15 to 20 percent fat content), chilled
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon A1 sauce
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill
- 4 (4-inch) hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Sliced pickles, for serving
- Heat grill or sauté pan
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, A1 sauce, Worcestershire, and pepper. Mix with your hands until just evenly combined.
- Shape patties into 2 in patties of equal size and thickness
- Add oil to skillet or grill to help patties from sticking, place patties on grill and cook on each side for about 4 – 6 minutes until med rare or cook longer if you prefer burger well done.
- A few minutes before burgers are done place your desired cheese on top of burger until it melts a little then place burgers on bun and serve.
Hot sauce recipe
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice and stir until the mixture bubbles gently. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Carefully remove the wings from the baking sheet and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the warm sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat. Transfer the wings to a serving platter and drizzle with more honey; serve with lime wedges.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joints, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil. Dry the chicken wings with paper towels and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the melted butter, granulated garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour the mixture over the wings and toss well to coat. Spread the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the wings until browned and crisp, 45 to 55 minutes.