Chef Walter Staib For Dietz And Watson
When weeknights get stressful, it’s tempting to pick up the phone and get take out. This recipe is the best of both worlds because it’s better than food to go and it’s more affordable. Make this dinner for your family on a rushed evening and they will come running to the table for warm, gooey cheese and delicious chicken over pasta.
For more information, visit: http://dietzandwatson.com/
A Recipe by Chef Walter Staib
- 1 ½ pound Dietz and Watson Chicken parmesan, sliced into four pieces (6 ounces per serving)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 pound Dietz and Watson mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 8 ounces tomato or marina sauce
- 1 bunch fresh basil
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour flour into a shallow pan, and pour breadcrumbs into a separate shallow pan.
- To bread the chicken cutlets, dredge chicken parmesan pieces into flour mixture, coating thoroughly on boat sides. Shake off excess flour.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg wash, making sure each piece is coated.
- Place chicken pieces in shallow pan with breadcrumbs and pat into breadcrumbs on both sides to cover.
- Heat oil in a large pan to 350 degrees. Fry chicken pieces until breading turns golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove and let drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Put chicken pieces on a baking sheet, layer slices of tomato and fresh basil leaves on top, drizzle with a little marina sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Serve with pasta and more sauce, if desired. Garnish with basil.