Local

No Major Damage After Rooftop Fire At Llanerch Country Club Clubhouse

View Comments
fire graphic
Al Novack Al Novack
Since 1990, Al Novack has been KYW Newsradio 1060’s morning drive...
Read More

By Al Novack

HAVERFORD, Pa. (CBS) - There were no injuries and only minor damage last night when a rooftop gas heating unit overheated and caught fire at the Llanerch Country Club clubhouse.

Llanerch fire company firefighters were called to the club at 11:18 Wednesday night. The 1-alarm fire was confined to the roof area around the heating unit and placed under control in less than hour. There was no interior damage but the clubhouse had to be aired out because it filled with smoke.

The Haverford Township fire marshal is investigating what caused the gas unit to overheat and catch fire.

 

Top Content On CBSPhilly

View Comments
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 34,908 other followers