Wednesday’s Winter Storm Creating Traffic Nightmare
Get Breaking News First
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A mixed bag of snow, rain and especially ice is contributing to treacherous morning on area roadways.
While the downed trees are too many to list, here is a brief list of everything that went on this morning:
- A downed tree on the northbound side of Route 1 in Bucks County near Route 213.
Ridge Pike both EB/WB BLOCKED between Eagleville Rd/Parklane Dr and Level Rd/Evansburg Rd due to downed tree.
- A downed tree on eastbound 76 near the Conshohocken Curve.
- Flooding reported on the southbound Northeast Extension between Quakertown and Lansdale.
- A downed tree on the eastbound Pennsylvania Turnpike between Willow Grove and Bensalem.
- US 30 bypass eastbound and westbound closed between PA 340 and Ressevile Road due to down trees.
- Downed tree blocking right lane on SB I-95 near Route 1 in Bucks County.
- One injured after tree topples in Narberth, Montgomery County.
- Downed tree at Midvale Avenue and Fox Street in East Falls.
Roosevelt Boulevard SB at Woodward Street; outer two lanes blocked by downed tree.
- Scattered downed trees on Pennsylvania Turnpike EB and WB between Morgantown and Valley Forge. **Re-opened**
Downed tree on Rhawn Street at Lexington Avenue.
- Downed power line has Beverly-Rancocas road shut down in Willingboro.
- Downed tree has all lanes blocked on Pa. Turnpike eastbound past Downingtown, best alternate is Rt. 30.
- Transformer fire closes Montgomery Avenue eastbound and westbound between Meeting House Lane and Church Road. **Re-opened**
- Spin-out accident in Trenton closes I-295 southbound off ramp at Mercerville Rt. 535 **Re-opened**
- Flooding reported in Willingboro, NJ at Beverly Road between Twin Hill Road and Gallant Lane
- Downed tree in the 4800 block of Ford Road in West Philadelphia
- Scattered downed trees in Pennypack Park in Northeast Philadelphia, with Rowland Avenue shut down off Rhawn Street in Holmesburg
- Downed tree into a home in Overbrook
- As of 10:30 a.m., 40-50 roads at least partially blocked by falling trees, limbs or wires in Lower Merion Township
- Flooding closes 2 lanes at US 30 West near Baird Blvd in Camden
- Portions of Lovering Avenue and Augustine Road in Wilmington closed to traffic due to a tractor-trailer that is stuck under a railroad bridge