Chef Staib is making Dietz & Watson gourmet lite turkey wraps, which make a refreshing lunch to take to school or work.
They can be made gluten free with the correct wraps, or as is, they are a healthy meal with lots of veggies for a filling midday treat.
This is another easy recipe that might inspire people to keep with their healthy resolutions a week longer because it comes together quickly and is fun and affordable.
This makes the perfect lunch to pack for children and adults or a great snack to serve at a casual lunch or party. The turkey and avocado both offer heart healthy ingredients. Adding sprouts, lettuce, cucumbers and other veggies to a sandwich or wrap will make you fuller with fewer calories. Crisp, green veggies contain fiber, which keeps you fuller for longer, and they give a meal a burst of fresh flavors and satisfying crunch.
Lite Turkey & Avocado Wraps
A Recipe By Chef Walter Staib
- 4 large Dietz & Watson spinach wraps
- 1 pound Dietz & Watson Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- ½ cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cup sprouts
- Whole grain mustard
How To Make
- Place Tortilla flat on surface. Put a little mustard, to your liking, on the tortilla, leaving the edges untouched. Layer ingredients on lower half. Starting with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion and cucumber, then turkey.
- Roll away from you keeping roll tight.
- Cut wrap diagonally in middle.