Grocery Store Worker Recovering After Being Stung By Scorpion
Get Breaking News First
HAVERTOWN, Pa. (CBS)—A Giant produce employee is recovering after he was stung by a scorpion at work on Saturday.
The incident took place at the Haverford Township Giant located on Township Line Road.
The worker was unloading bananas from Honduras when he was stung.
He was subsequently treated and released from Delaware County Memorial Hospital.
Chris Brand, public and community relations manager at Giant, released the following statement in part:
“We regret that this incident has occurred and have taken immediate steps to prevent a similar incident from happening in the future. The supplier has informed us that that they are no longer going to use that banana farm from the region and has increased awareness and re-emphasized their inspections of their outgoing shipments.”
The scorpion was captured.