Local

4 Sickened In Suspected Carbon Monoxide Leak In Rhawnhurst

By Steve Beck

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Four people were hospitalized after a suspected carbon monoxide leak in Northeast Philadelphia early Monday morning.

The incident happened at about 5 a.m. in the 2000 block of Lansing Street in the city’s Rhawnhurst section.

Early reports indicate that fumes from a crack in a heater leaked into the home. Authorities say four people inside the home were taken to a local hospital for treatment. They are listed in stable condition.

The residents living in the east side of the twin home were evacuated from their home, but no one was transported to the hospital from that house.

The incident remains under investigation.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33,921 other followers