By Jim Donovan: Homeowners who have missed mortgage payments, face foreclosure, or have questions about their mortgage will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with some of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders next week.
FREE housing workshops are scheduled at a number of locations in our area and I’ve posted information about them below. Please SHARE THIS INFORMATION with any of your family or friends that you think may be able to benefit by attending.
The first events have been scheduled for Tuesday, September 17 and Wednesday, September 18 and are being promoted by Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden’s office.
At each workshop, mortgage servicers, state employees, and HUD-certified housing counselors will discuss mortgage modifications, government homeowner programs, and foreclosure scams. No reservations are needed. The workshops will take place as follows:
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
3 – 7 pm
Chase Center on the Riverfront, 815 Justison Street, Wilmington
Participating servicers: Bank of America, Citi, HSBC, JP Morgan Chase, M&T Bank, Wells Fargo, Nationstar Mortgage, and U.S. Bank
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
1 – 7 pm
Modern Maturity Center, 1121 Forrest Avenue, Dover
Participating servicers: Bank of America, Citi, JP Morgan Chase, M&T Bank, Ocwen, Wells Fargo, Nationstar Mortgage, and U.S. Bank
Homeowners who wish to meet on-site with their mortgage servicer should bring information about current income and details about their current mortgage, including loan number, monthly payment, interest rate, and loan balance.
For more information about the September 17 and 18 housing workshops, to find out more about foreclosure prevention programs, including Delaware’s mandatory mortgage foreclosure mediation program, or if you believe you have been the victim of fraud or a scam call the Delaware Homeowner Relief Hotline toll-free at (800) 220-5424 or visit www.DelawareHomeownerRelief.com.
On Thursday , September 19th the CitiMortgage Road to Recovery Tour will make a stop in Philadelphia. Distressed homeowners can participate in free one-on-one consultations with Citi’s mortgage assistance experts at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm. In addition, refinance representatives will be available to discuss refinancing options.
The event will run from Noon to 7 PM. The Marriott is located at 1201 Market Street.
If you plan to attend the Citi Road to Recovery event, counselors will be able to better assist you if you are able to bring the items listed below:
1. Completed 4506T tax form to request a tax return transcript, if possible (forms also available at the event)
2. Completed Request for Assistance form, if possible (forms also available at the event)
3. Signed Dodd-Frank Certification, if possible (forms also available at the event)
4. Your CitiMortgage account number
5. Pay stubs covering the last 60 days (if unemployed, please bring your unemployment benefits letter)
6. Most recent personal checking, savings, money market, mutual funds, stock and bond statements, covering the last 60 days
7. Current property tax statement
8. Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Declaration page
9. Last two years of completed and filed tax returns including all pages and schedules (Proof of 2012 filing extension, if applicable).
10. If self-employed:
• Profit and Loss statement and last 6 months of business bank statements
11. If seeking assistance with your 2nd lien, please provide your 1st lien mortgage statement
You may register for the event at events.citimortgage.com or on the day of the event. Advance registration is not required. For information, or for those who are unable to attend the event but would like assistance, please call 1-866-915-9417. Information is also available at www.citiroadtorecovery.com or https://www.homeownersupport.com
Also on Thursday, September 19th Wells Fargo will be holding a Home Preservation Workshop at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The event will run from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Convention Center is located at 1101 Arch Street.
Wells Fargo mortgage customers will be able to meet with representatives who will discuss your financial concerns and options. Plus you’ll have the opportunity to see if you’re eligible for a loan modification under the government’s Home Affordable Modification Program.
While walk-ins are welcome, registration to the Wells Fargo event is strongly suggested. For more information you can call 1-800-405-8067 or sign up by September 17th at www.wfhmevents.com/leadingthewayhome