PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The recession has affected jobs in all sectors, but some fields have been harder hit than others.
That’s according to the 24/7 Wall St.’s annual roundup of America’s 10 disappearing jobs, which compared figures published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in 2002 and 2012.
Several industries, such as construction, have taken severe hits due to the housing crisis, while some manufacturing trades lost employees due to changes in the U.S. economy.
According to 24/7 Wall St., these are the top 10 disappearing jobs in the United States:
10. Semiconductor Processors
9. Prepress Technicians
8. Word Processors and Typists
7. Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
6. Computer Operators
5. Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, Tile and Marble Setters — Helpers
4. Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
3. Plasterers and Stucco Masons
2. Carpenters’ Helpers
1. Advertising and Promotions Managers
To read the original article, click here.