By Elizabeth Hur

BENSALEM, Pa., (CBS) – An Eyewitness News Exclusive – a dip into the Neshaminy Creek ended in tragedy for a group of teenage friends.

The one survivor opened up about what happened and he spoke only with Eyewitness News.

That teen says he wants people to know more about his friends who did not surface. The group went into the creek near East Bristol Road and Grove Avenue in Trevose (see previous story).

Nick Lawrence said, “I just feel extremely bad for the parents and mothers and fathers, I can’t even talk to them, like it’s part of my fault.”

With a heavy heart, the 17-year-old says he remains hopeful.

“It just feels like I’m in a dream, like I feel like they can just walk up and be like, Nick let’s go hang out,” Nick said.

Nick believes it is premature to call him the lone survivor as he has faith, he will be reunited with his two friends: 18-year-olds Perry Krewson and Dan Tadrzynski.

“There were six of us total, three of us went in the water,” Nick recalled.

It was too difficult for Nick to talk on camera about what could have gone wrong Tuesday night. But off camera, he told us, he along with Perry and Dan had gone into the Neshaminy Creek to see if it was safe for a swim. But just as soon as they got in, the three were pulled under water. Nick managed to pull himself out. Dan and Perry remain missing.

Nick says for years the boys were inseparable. Dan just graduated from Bucks County Technical High School, Nick and Perry from Bensalem High School. Perry had enlisted in the Marine Corps and was waiting to leave for boot camp.

“They’re just two genuine kids that loved everyone and wanted to make everyone happy. Perry’s really outgoing, he was all about the Marine Corp and we’d have a blast. Dan was extremely close with Perry, since second grade. He was training and instructing kids in martial arts,” Nick said.

While authorities may now call the search, a recovery effort — for friends and family, they say they believe in miracles.

Nick explained, “I’m just praying that they find them and they’re just trying to find their way back, unconscious on the sand or something, they’re ok because I know they’re not dead, they’re alive.”

Wednesday evening, Perry’s family also talked to Eyewitness News. They said that they are grateful for the rescuers for their hard work and the community for their support during this difficult time.

Authorities say the search efforts will resume Thursday morning.

Watch & Listen LIVE