Some Delaware Roads Remain Closed Following Storms
KENT COUNTY, Del., (CBS) – Storms moved through the Delaware Valley on Friday, bringing flooding and damage to our region (See Previous Story).
In Delaware, flooding and down trees shut down multiple roadways, with several roads remaining closed on Saturday, according to the Delaware Department of Transportation.
In Kent County, there are no roads closed. However, water remains on the following roadways:
- Hazletville Road by Hoss Butcher Shop
- Mahans Corner Road between Grygo Road and Westville Road
- Jebb Road between Alms House Road and Morgan Chase Road
- Bryants Corner Road between Hazlettville Road and Brittany Lane
- Westville Road between Pearsons Corner and Bryants Corner Road
Motorists are urged to drive with caution.
Several roads remain closed in Sussex County.
Route 5 at Mount Joy is closed due to high water, however DelDOT officials expect Route 5 to open on Sunday.
Falling Point Road between Wingate Road and Pepper Creek is closed due to wash out.
Zoar Rroad between Roads 296 and 305 is closed due to an underground pipe failure.
Careys Camp Road between Route 24 and Pear Tree Road is also closed due to an underground pipe failure.
DelDOT officials say these roads will likely be closed for a few days since work is required to repair them.