MLB Players Don’t Give Phillies High Marks, Do Give Kate Upton Thumbs Up
Buy Phillies Tickets
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Charlie Manuel has long been thought of as a players manager, and Philadelphia as a place that MLB players want to play. A new poll of MLB players may show both of those sentiments are changing.
Athlon Sports reported the results of a poll that includes responses from more than a fifth of MLB players, and neither Philadelphia, nor Charlie Manuel or Ruben Amaro rank among the top responses in their categories.
In response to the question, “who is the best manager in baseball?”, Manuel was not listed in the top ten. Tampa Bay Rays manager Joel Maddon was listed as the top manager, named by 14.3% of players. Terry Francona, Jim Leyland, Bruce Bochy and Buck Showalter round out the top five.
PHOTOS: Kate Upton
In response to the question, “who is the best general manager in baseball?”, Ruben Amaro Jr. was not listed in the top ten. Tampa Bay Rays GM Andrew Friedman was number one, receiving 15.4% of the votes. Billy Beane, Theo Epstein, John Mozeliak and Terry Ryan round out the top five.
In response to the question, “what team would you take less money to play for?”, the Phillies were not ranked in the top 13 teams. The Yankees come in first, with 11.3% of the vote, followed by the Braves, Rangers, Giants and Dodgers.
Some other notes from the poll:
- Ken Griffey Jr. was the #1 player that current players looked up to growing up.
- 53% of players think between 1% and 5% of current players use PEDs.
- Las Vegas is the city most MLB players think deserves a team that doesn’t currently have it.
- Kate Upton is the “hottest woman alive,” according to 7.1% of players.
- 69.8% of players would have “no problem” with a gay teammate.
Full results of the poll are available here.