TRENTON, N.J., (CBS) – Recovery centers will open on Saturday to help New Jersey homeowners impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
The Christie Administration announced that “reNew Jersey Stronger” Housing Recovery Centers will open in each of the nine counties most impacted by the storm.
The administration says eligible homeowners whose primary residences were damaged or destroyed by the storm can visit any of the centers to apply in-person for two grants designed to help them repair, elevate or rebuild their residences.
The centers will open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning at the following locations:
- Ocean County: 750 Vassar Avenue, Lakewood Township
- Monmouth County: 4 Paragon Way, Freehold
- Atlantic County: 500 Scarborough Drive, Egg Harbor Township
- Cape May County: 3860 Bayshore Road, Suite 5, North Cape May
- Hudson County: 438 Summit Avenue, Jersey City
- Union County: 150 Morris Avenue, Springfield
- Bergen County: 140 E. Ridgewood Avenue, Paramus
- Middlesex County: 1 Metroplex Drive, Edison
- Essex County: 153 Halsey Street, Newark
Homeowners impacted by Sandy can also apply for grant assistance at www.renewjerseystronger.org or by calling 1-855-SANDYHM (1-855-726-3946).