Quinoa Ratatouille Salad
1 pound Dietz & Watson® Peppercorn Turkey Breast, julienned
2 cups quinoa, dry
3 sprigs, thyme
4 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken
3 green pepper, cored
2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
2 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
2 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
2 large Portabello mushrooms
1 large yellow onion, sliced
4 plum tomatoes, deseeded & chopped
1 bunch fresh tarragon & chives, chopped
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
8 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Rinse quinoa through strainer until warm water runs clear.
2. In medium pot, bring stock to boil and add quinoa & thyme.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until cooked through, 18 minutes.
4. Spray grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Grill vegetables over medium heat until al-dente. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
5. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
6. Dice all the grilled vegetables into small pieces. In a large bowl, stir together vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add quinoa, GL Chicken Breast, tomatoes, tarragon, chives and vegetables and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.