eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new

Local

2-Year-Old Boy Seriously Injured In Barbeque Grill Fire On Memorial Day

(Credit: Thinkstock)

(Credit: Thinkstock)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

NEW CASTLE, Del., (CBS) - Fire officials say a two-year-old boy was seriously injured in a barbecue grill fire in New Castle, Delaware on Memorial Day.

The incident happened at about 2 p.m. on the 200 block of East Hazeldell Avenue in Minquadale.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says the fire began when a person used gasoline to start a barbeque grill. The gasoline vapors erupted into flames, burning the young boy who was nearby the grill.

The child was taken to Wilmington Hospital by a family member. He was then transferred to Crozer Burn Center in Upland, Pennsylvania with second and third-degree burns to his face and chest. He is listed in critical condition.

Fire officials advise gasoline is an extremely flammable liquid and should never be used as an accelerant for any method of cooking.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 31,456 other followers