By Jim Donovan: Just in case it slips your mind, remember this Sunday, May 12th is Mother’s Day. Have you gotten your mom a card or gift yet?
Well in recognition of the special day, several restaurants and retailers are offering freebies and special deals. Whether you’re out shopping, eating or running a few errands, Cameron Huddleston, editor at Kiplinger’s tallies nine offers that you might want to take advantage of:
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is giving mothers who eat at its location on Mother’s Day a $25 gift card for a future visit. See http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations for locations.
- Hooters is honoring moms with a free meal up to $10 with a drink purchase on May 12 at any of its locations.
- I Heart Faces has three Mother’s Day photo-card templates that you can download for free.
- IKEA is offering a free breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes and a cup of coffee on May 12 from opening until 11AM.
- McCormick & Schmick’s is giving moms complimentary truffles with brunch or dinner on Mother’s Day.
- O’Charley’s will offer a free slice of pie on May 12 to all mothers who dine at any of its locations.
- Redbox is offering a free one-day rental when you buy an egift card for Mother’s Day.
- TCBY will give a free frozen yogurt (up to 6 ounces) to moms on Mother’s Day. Check with the store in your area to make sure it is participating.
For more information visit: http://www.kiplinger.com/article/spending/T050-C011-S001-mother-s-day-freebies-and-deals-2013.html.