eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new
NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News

Local

Bucks County Family Of 4 Believed To Have Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

MILFORD, Pa. (CBS) – Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning is responsible for the deaths of a family of four whose bodies were found at a Bucks County home late Monday night.

While Pennsylvania State Police are awaiting the results of autopsies on the bodies, they believe the four people died inside their Upper Milford Township home as a result of fumes from a car left running inside their attached garage.

Troopers were called to the home on Kumry Road late Monday night. Upon entering, they found a car running inside the garage with a body inside. They then discovered three additional bodies.

The victims have been identified as Gary Reitnauer, 59; Michele Reitnauer, 58; Yun Jia Cao (Kimberly), 16; and Jamie Hongfan Reitnauer, 10.

On Tuesday morning, Superintendent of Schools in the Quakertown Community School District, Dr. Lisa Andrejko, released a statement that reads:

“It is with great sadness that I inform you of the tragic passing of two QCSD students and their parents. State Police have asked us not to release names at this time as they investigate their Milford Township home, where carbon monoxide may have been the cause. Please check our website throughout the day. We will post new information as it becomes available. Our Crisis Team of counselors is mobilizing to support students, staff and families. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.”

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 31,962 other followers