Brought to you by Global Home Improvement
Infinity fiberglass replacement windows and doors are designed to replicate the look of traditional wood windows while providing modern features, superior energy efficiency and low maintenance performance. And over the past several years fiberglass windows have become more and more popular vs traditional wood windows and even vinyl windows. Here’s why…
Advantages of Ultrex Fiberglass Windows vs Vinyl Windows
- STRENGTH: Ultrex is 8X stronger than vinyl
- EXPANSION / CONTRACTION: Ultrex expands and contracts 833% less than vinyl.
- DURABILITY: acrylic finish is thicker than competitive finishes
- UV RESISTANCE: Ultrex resists UV degradation 5x longer than vinyl
- STABILITY: Ultrex is thermoset, vinyl (thermoplastic) can move, off-gas / emit VOC’s
- APPEARANCE: Ultrex has narrow sash and frame dimensions and traditional looking lines and profiles. Vinyl can be bulky and boxy with unsightly welded corners
- LIFETIME VALUE: Fiberglass windows have a 38% longer useful life expectancy than vinyl.*
Vinyl Window Off-gassing Explained
Off-gassing of vinyl occurs because vinyl is a thermoplastic, which means they will soften and become weak when exposed to heat. These materials can change shape and dimension in temperatures as low as 100-120° and can show permanent deformation at 140°, temperatures that are well within potential conditions for a window installed in warm climates or direct sunlight exposures. In contrast, Fiberglass Windows by Marvin in New Jersey and Philadelphia, will not distort in temperatures up to 350°.
Did you know? PVC products such as VINYL contain and can leach toxic additives like phthalates, lead, cadmium, organotins, and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are associated with reproductive and developmental problems, central nervous system damage, liver damage and other adverse health effects. During manufacturing and waste incineration PVC releases dioxins into the air. Dioxins are linked with cancer, diabetes, endometriosis, birth defects, infertility, and immune system depression.
Fiberglass Windows are an Ideal Alternative to Vinyl
Infinity replacement windows and doors are made from Ultrex fiberglass material so strong and durable it is superior to other window materials. Best of all, it makes Infinity products virtually maintenance free. Ultrex has an extremely low thermal expansion rate, which keeps the window stable and weathertight, reducing the risk of seal failures and air leakage into your home. In addition, Infinity windows with LoĒ glazing can also reduce your heating and cooling bills by up to 30%.**
For more information on Infinity Fiberglass Windows and for your Free Replacement Window Estimate call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929 or online visit them online at www.globalhomeinc.com.
Copyright Global Home Improvement 2013. Serving PA, NJ and DE.
* Life cycle assessment of windows for the North American residential market: Case study” by the University of British Columbia. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 2008.
** Estimated savings are based on data set forth in the Window Selection Tool of the Efficient Windows Collaborative, available at http://www.efficientwindows.org. Actual savings will vary by product type, location, method of installation, individual home characteristics, local climates and conditions, utility rates, and other factors.