Dozens Evacuated After Gas Leak In Quakertown
Get Breaking News First
QUAKERTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Dozens of people returned to their homes after a gas leak forced evacuations in a Bucks County neighborhood.
The leak was reported by residents in the 200 block of N. Ambler Street around 2 a.m. Tuesday. Authorities say gas was leaking through some storm drains and more than 50 people were evacuated from houses in the area.
Crews responded and began repairs on a gas line. Most of those evacuated stayed with family or friends, but a shelter was also set up in the borough hall.
The work has been completed and residents were allowed back into their homes around 6:30 a.m. No injuries are reported.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)