Filed underContest Rules & Regulations
“SPEED RACEWAY RACE LEAGUE”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the “SPEED RACEWAY RACE LEAGUE” promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WIP-FM, Philadelphia, PA (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Monday, March 18, 2013 at 12:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, December 30, 2013 at 2:00PM ET (the “Promotion Period”).
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter online by visiting www.cbsphilly.com/SpeedRaceway during and follow the links and instructions to enter the Promotion and complete and submit the online entry beginning on Monday, March 18, 2013 at 12:01AM ET and ending on Monday, December 30, 2013 at 12:00PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Each entrant is required to provide his/her first name, last name, complete mailing address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address along with the option to check a box to receive information from the Sponsor and/ the Station. Opting not to receive information from the Sponsor and/or the Station will not affect your odds of winning. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station.
- Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems.
- There will be one (1) grand prize winner, and one (1) secondary prize winner randomly selected from among all eligible entries received. Only one (1) entry per person and one (1) entry per email address are permitted.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and who reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware. Employees of the Station, the Station’s licensee (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies and participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Philadelphia, PA metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
- Persons are eligible to win a prize valued over $50 (or ticket prize valued over $100 per ticket) in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every thirty (30) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
- Each winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and all information required in Section 1b of the Official Rules to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Two (2) grand prizes will be awarded in the Promotion. Each grand prize consists of one (1) team entry into the “Speed Raceway Racing League” located at Speed Raceway, 200 Blair Mill Rd., Horsham, PA 19044 (the “Grand Prize”). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $600.00.
- Forty One (41) secondary prize will be awarded in the Promotion. Secondary prize consists of one (1) four-pack of passes to Speed Raceway, 200 Blair Mill Rd., Horsham, PA 19044 (the “Secondary Prize”). The ARV of the Secondary Prize is $80.00.
- Both the Grand Prize and Secondary Prize winners will be individually responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of each prize. Each prize is awarded as is. Tickets valid only on the dates printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to deny entry to or to remove each winner and guests if any engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at Speed Raceway, 200 Blair Mill Rd., Horsham, PA 19044.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates may be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. Each winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within ten (10) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Each prize is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. Each prize is expressly limited to the items listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
- POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected via a random drawing occurring form all eligible entries on Thursday, August 15th at or around 12PM ET; and Thursday, October 17th at or around 12PM ET.
- One (1) Secondary Prize winner will be selected via a random drawing occurring form all eligible entries every Friday beginning Friday, March 22nd through Friday, December 27th.
- Odds of being selected as a potential winner depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Potential prize winner(s) will be notified by telephone on or around the dates listed in sections 4a and 4b. Each prize will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. Each winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within five (5) days of winning or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station (or any other CBS radio station in the Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of each prize constitutes each entrant’s, winner’s, and guest’s permission for the Station or its agents to interview each winner and guest, to photograph, film, and record each winner and guest, and to use in commerce and in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, his/her name, prize won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, audio or video recording, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion, and/or its sponsor for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner and guest agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of each prize constitutes each entrant’s, winner’s, and guest’s agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion’s sponsor, the Station, its licensee, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select each winner.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems or for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Online entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified at the Station’s discretion. The Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. For phone or mobile entries, the authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and future Station-administered Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Promotion, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 31, 2013 to “SPEED RACEWAY RACE LEAGUE – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, Attn: Promotions, WIP-FM, 400 Market St., 9th Floor, Philadelphia, PA, 19106. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 1, 2014 to the above address marked “SPEED RACEWAY RACE LEAGUE – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at www.cbsphilly.com.
Administrator: WIP-FM, 400 Market St., 9th Floor, Philadelphia, PA, 19106.
Sponsor: Speed Raceway, 200 Blair Mill Rd., Horsham, PA 19044.