Eagles Have Five Of The 64 Greatest NFL Plays In History
By Spike Eskin
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Every year in March, millions of Americans fill out their brackets, predicting who will win every game in the NCAA Tournament. This has become such a phenomenon, that the “field of 64″ is applied to many different things, to find the best in almost everything.
Field of 64 cereals (come on, Cinnamon Toast Crunch), field of 64 horror movies (come on, Evil Dead 2), field of 64 things to get people to look at Kate Upton pictures (Kate Upton wins), and now, the field of 64 NFL plays of all time.
NFL.COM’s “Bracketology” will attempt to find out what people think is the best play in NFL history. The Eagles are responsible (in a good way) for five of the plays in the field.
* Chuck Bednarik knocks out Frank Gifford – Nov. 20, 1960
* DeSean Jackson’s punt return vs. the Giants – Dec. 19, 2010
* Eric Allen’s 94-yard return vs. Jets – Oct. 3, 1993
* Randall Cunningham apparently sacked by Carl Banks, bounces up to throw touchdown pass to Jimmy Giles – Oct. 10, 1988
* Donovan McNabb’s 14-second scramble – Nov. 15, 2004
Voting begins on March 18th, and you can see the entire list at this location