Two Severely Burned After Explosion In Montgomery County
Get Breaking News First
UPPER MORELAND, Pa. (CBS) – Officials say two people were severely injured after an outdoor explosion in Montgomery County Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:40 p.m. in the backyard of a home along the 2700 block of Broadway Avenue in Upper Moreland.
Investigators say a chiminea was being used in the backyard. Gasoline was poured onto an outdoor fire in an attempt to get the wet logs to burn, and at some point the gasoline vapors exploded.
31-year-old Pasquale Troisi and 26-year-old Stephen Klenk were severely burned. Troisi, who suffered burns to over 75% of his body, was flown to Temple University Hospital for treatment. Klenk was taken to Abington Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for burns to both his hands and later transported to Temple University Hospital.