Hazmat Incident Sickens 10 Students At Villanova University
Get Breaking News First
By Walt Hunter
RADNOR, Pa (CBS) – Ten students were sickened during a hazardous materials incident at Villanova University Tuesday.
Authorities say several EMS units responded to a hazardous materials incident in the area of Mendel Hall off Lancaster Avenue and N. Spring Mill Road.
Police say a freshmen chemistry class was doing an experiment when one student reportedly had an asthma attack. Several other students then reported they were not feeling well.
Villanova officials said the incident was due to a situation resulting from a laboratory experiment taking place on the building’s third floor.
According to Radnor police, ten students were evaluated by medics at the scene and had to be decontaminated by hazmat crews before being transferred to area hospitals.
School officials say the situation has been contained the building remains closed.