By Lynne Adkins

By Lynne Adkins

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The tax season is here, so make sure you have all the documents you need before filing.

You’re ready to do your taxes and you realize you never received a W-2, or a brokerage or mortgage statement. Mark Zinman, CPA and managing partner of Zinman and Company in Southampton, Bucks County says get on the phone or computer.

“You have to have all your documents or some facsimile of your documents, especially your W-2 to file. If you find you’re missing a W-2, a lot of companies allow you to go online and get copies. You can contact your payroll department or contact your employer and they’ll get you one right away.”

If you’re missing some interest statements, you can get the numbers by phone, but you will need the paper copies for your records, just in case you get audited.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

More From CBS Philly

Latest Videos
Latest Forecast

Watch & Listen LIVE