Philadelphia Streets Department Urging Motorists, Pedestrians To Be Cautious During Storm
Get Breaking News First
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Streets Department crews are preparing for the winter storm and urging motorists and pedestrians to use caution as the storm worsens.
Department officials say they will begin salting roads at 4 p.m. and continue monitoring conditions throughout the evening.
Officials want to remind residents that “a path of at least 36” wide on sidewalks is required within 6 hours of the end of a storm.”
The Streets Department provided the following tips for snow and ice management:
- Apply commercial de-icer to your stairs and sidewalks early to prevent icy conditions.
- Park your car as far from the corner as possible. Cars parked too close to the corner impede the turning radius of salting vehicles.
- Remove ice and snow from windows, mirrors and all vehicle lights; State law requires removal of snow and ice from the hood and roof of vehicles.
- Check on sick and elderly neighbors.
- Stay tuned to local media for further updates for weather and traffic reports.
For more information visit: philadelphiastreets.com.