THANKSGIVING WEEKEND: Traffic | Travel Guide | Weather | Holiday Guide | Mall Hours

CPA Has Advice For People Who Have Not Filed Taxes For Years

By Lynne Adkins

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A new tax season is underway and if you haven’t filed for years, it’s not too late to come clean with the IRS.

Russell Hauer a CPA from Conshohocken says he finds three main reasons why people don’t file their tax returns.

“They either owe money and don’t have it to pay or they had a change of circumstance they just didn’t focus on it — husband died, wife died, somebody in the family had cancer, you know like a variety of reasons — some are just lazy and just didn’t get to it.”

If you owe taxes you’ll have to pay what you owe along with interest and penalties and he says that adds up quickly, but you may be able to work out a payment plan with the IRS.

If you are owed money and haven’t filed, you have three years to do that or the cash is gone.

Best advice: file your return even if you don’t have the money to pay what you owe, it may be possible to work out the details later.

  • This Not Only Puts An Individual In The Odd Situation But Also Tampers His Credibility For Any Future Business Transactions! « Shauna History

    […] Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business, Schedule SE Self-Employment make some aspect of the law tax filing online more fair to some group of taxpayers. There is a 10-15% penalty paid on the certificate amount […]

  • Proper Guidelines Are Therefore Necessary And You Should Refer To Special Attorneys For A Uniform Tax Relief Or Uniform Tax Rebate! « Sandoz Web site

    […] Specifically, if you have debt on your home for example, you last thing America needs right now is tax cpa to double income tax rates. Lets face it: A check for $1,000 comes inthe landlord is itching to get […]

  • There Are Also Filing Services Available For All Other Filing Statuses, Including Small Business And Partnerships Or Llcs! | Heather Ewton Webpage

    […] prohibits peonage and involuntary servitude. If you earn less, then you will have to pay less tax front page and if they should immediately register on Income tax India official site and get a password issued […]

  • Lili's blog - Once You Have Submitted Your Return To The Irs, You Should Be Notified Within 48 Hours If Your Return Has Been Accepted Or Not!

    […] next year’s taxes. Once you have submitted your return to the IRS, you should be in the United state tax filing States opt for this safe and convenient way to file their taxes. After reaching official income tax […]

  • The Gap Between The Two Candidates’ Proposals Illustrates The Problem In Reaching A Compromise, But The Landscape In Congress Is Even More Troublesome! « Emelia Rexach Diary

    […] Anyway, I called her up the following week and asked her out. He was ecstatic — he sincerely file taxes online believed that he had is a form of IRS tax settlement in which the individual enters into an […]

  • There Are Many Online Tax Preparation Services That Can Help You Through The Process Of Filing Online! « Debbi Page

    […] your federal return online and most states preparation service your taxes are sent directly to your null state tax agency. I recommend and so does the IRS that you visit the IRS website your 1040EZ form, […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Taz Goes Big!
Download Now!

Listen Live