By Spike Eskin
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – In a perfect world, the Eagles season lasts until February. But this is not a perfect world, and the fact that this Eagles season is finally over is a blessing. No more angry Sundays, and angrier Monday mornings. No more “better job,” at least until Chip Kelly starts saying it.
So on your first fully Eagles free weekend since the summer, you’ve got more free time than you’re used to. I figured I’d give you some ways to spend it.
– Spend It Reading And Talking With Your Family
– Watch Exciting Teams That Always Try Hard And Execute
It may seem unfathomable given the football we’ve watched in Philly this season, but there are many teams in the NFL that are actually a joy to watch. Like many, I’m most excited to watch the Seattle Seahawks, but really you’d be hard pressed to find a team in the playoffs this season that isn’t fun to watch (save for maybe the Ravens).
– Troll Kansas City Chiefs Fans
Remember how excited Redskins fans were when they traded for Donovan McNabb? It will likely be a similar scenario with Chiefs fans and Andy Reid. At their most excited, this is prime time to rain on their parade, because we never had one.
– Think About The Ruf-Revere-Brown Outfield
We’re only a couple of months until Spring Training, so imagining this stellar outfield of the future becoming the outfield of the present is a great way to daydream the day away.
– Curse Donald Fehr And Gary Bettman
There’s no better way to ingratiate yourself to a fanbase than to publicly argue about how many millions of dollars are going into a pension fund.
– Try To Name All Of The Wide Receivers From The Andy Reid Era Eagles Pre-Terrell Owens
I’ll give you Na Brown, and you can go from there.
– Think About How Angry You Are That Juan Castillo Is The Offensive Line Coach In Kansas City
He’s a great offensive line coach, and the Chiefs are lucky to have him. It’s a great thing they made him the Eagles’ defensive coordinator.
– Shop Online For A Chip Kelly Visor
If it doesn’t work out with the Eagles, you can fix it up into a Mike McCoy Visor.
– Look At Nick Young’s Pictures On Instagram
Because it’s more entertaining than watching Spencer Hawes play basketball.
If you’ve got any ideas, I’d love to hear them. Leave them in the comments or let me know on Twitter @SpikeEskin.