Winslow Woman Suffers Burns When Her Cigarette Ignites Oxygen Tank

By Al Novack

WINSLOW TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) – A 61-year-old woman suffered burns to the face when the cigarette she was smoking triggered a flash fire and explosion in a medical oxygen tank she was hooked up to.

The incident happened inside her home along the 400 block of Central Avenue in Winslow Township, Camden County just after 10 p.m. yesterday.

Firefighters removed the woman from her home when they arrived. She’s now hospitalized in stable condition.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Philly

2016 Guide To Holiday Mall Hours
What's New On The Nearby Slopes

Listen Live