Local

Dorm Fire Displaces Rutgers-Camden Students

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up


CAMDEN, NJ (CBS) – Hundreds of Rutgers-Camden students were displaced Saturday afternoon after a fire broke out in one of the dorms on campus, according to authorities.

The building, located on the 300 block of Cooper Street, was evacuated around 4 p.m after smoke reportedly spread through the laundry room on the ground floor.

No injuries were reported and there was only minor water damage to the laundry room.

Students were able to return to their dorms Saturday night.

The fire was placed under control within a half-hour.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

View Comments
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33,183 other followers