BRICK TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) - Authorities in Brick Township, New Jersey have issued a mandatory evacuation for all residents who live in the low-lying, waterfront areas of the town due to a Nor’easter expected to hit the area this week.
Those living in the area of the town which is prone to flooding or storm surge must evacuate by Tuesday, November 6th at 6 p.m.
The order applies to those living in the following areas, but are not limited to:
- Midstreams neighborhood East of Jordan Rd.
- Area of Island Dr. in Cedarcroft
- North & South Dr. (Metedeconk)
- Princeton Ave. East of Beaver Dam Rd.
- Cedarbridge Manor East of Lions Lane
- Vanada Woods
- Eagle Pass
- Sandy Point
- Tilton Rd
- Cranberry Cove
- Swan Point Park including Beaton and Gale Rd.
- Baywood East of Pilot Dr. and Mandolay Dr.
- Cherry Quay South of Tiller Lane
- Sailors Quay off of Pleasant Dr., North Pier and South Sailors Quay
- Waterfront Property in Mallard Point
- Seaview Dr. & Seaview Ave in Seaview Village
- Shore Acres
- Seawood Harbor
- Waterfront Property in Bay Harbor
Residents whose homes do not fall into the mandatory area that have been affected by Hurricane Sandy are strongly encouraged to evacuate.
People are encouraged to seek shelter with friends and/or family who are in a safe location.
Anyone who requires transportation to a shelter can contact the call center at 732-262-1234.