TRENTON, N.J. (CBS) – The Christie administration announced that all bus, rail, light rail and Access Link services in New Jersey will be suspended beginning Sunday afternoon.
Officials say a gradual system-wide shutdown will be implemented by New Jersey Transit beginning at 4 p.m. and lasting until 2 a.m. Monday morning.
Due to the rapid decline in weather, operations of the Atlantic City Rail Line will be suspended at 4 p.m.
The administration announced that the system will be assessed by New Jersey Transit after the storm is done and customers will be updated.
The following New Jersey Transit service advisories are now in effect:
- All NJ TRANSIT bus service to and from Atlantic City will be suspended at midnight.
- All other NJ TRANSIT bus service will be suspended effective 2 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012.
- NJ TRANSIT buses that are already enroute at 2 a.m. will complete their trips.
Light Rail Service:
- Hudson-Bergen, River Line and Newark light rail services will be suspended effective 2 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012.
- Light rail services that are already enroute at 2 a.m. will complete their trips.
Access Link Service:
- All Access Link Service to and from Atlantic City will be suspended after 4:00 p.m. this afternoon.
- All other Access Link service will be suspended effective 2 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012.
- The Atlantic City Rail Line will suspend operations this afternoon, due to the rapidly declining weather conditions within the region and the continued evacuation of Atlantic City. Train 4678 will be the last train leaving Atlantic City this afternoon. This train will leave Atlantic City at 2:43 p.m. and will arrive in Philadelphia at 4:19 p.m. Train 4679 will be the last train leaving Philadelphia on the Atlantic City Rail Line. This train will depart Philadelphia at 2:39 p.m. and terminate in Absecon at 4:00 p.m.
- On all other rail lines, final train times will be posted on NJTRANSIT.com
- Indoor waiting rooms at major rail hubs such as Newark Penn Station, Secaucus Junction and Trenton Transit Center will remain open to provide customers with shelter during the storm.
For more information visit: njtransit.com.