ELSMERE, Del. (AP) — A chemical reaction is being blamed for an explosion and fire at a manufacturing company site in Delaware.
The blaze broke out Friday night inside the Homalite Corporation building in Elsmere.
The exterior of the building was badly damaged, blasting concrete block walls, but no injuries were reported. Dozens of firefighters responded.
Officials say chemicals stored in the building as part of the manufacturing process sparked the fire. The company says on its website that it produces two types of thermosetting polyester display filters.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)