WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – A Delaware man who was working on repairing a car was injured in an industrial accident on Tuesday afternoon.
Around 2:49 p.m., Wilmington police and New Castle County Paramedics responded to a fire in the Port of Wilmington.
The victim was reportedly using an acetylene torch while repairing a vehicle, and when the vapors mixed with some gasoline he had spilled on himself earlier, they ignited on his arm.
The man was transported to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Chester, PA by ambulance, where he was admitted with second and third degree burns to his left arm and the left side of his chest. He is listed in stable condition.