Child Rushed To Hospital After Being Impaled By Dresser Hinge In Delaware County

By Todd Quinones

HAVERFORD TOWNSHIP, Pa. (CBS) – A three-year-old boy was rushed to an area hospital Thursday afternoon after he was severely injured in his home in Delaware County.

Police were called out to a home in the 1400 block of Robinson Avenue in Haverford Township at about 2:30 p.m. for reports of an object impaled in a child’s face.

When authorities arrived, they found a hinge from the dresser lodged into the child’s left cheek.

Police say the child was jumping on the bed and when he attempted to jump off, his face hit the dresser. Authorities say the homeowner was babysitting the child and another little boy at the time of the accident.

He was rushed to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The victim’s injuries are not life threatening and he is expected to be okay.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Guest says:

Maybe its a good thing that they report everything that happens
    You all say you used to hurt yourselves all the time and it was never news
    Maybe you are all just morons who,if this stuff were regularly reported,would have learned sooner.

2. braskysob says:

This hardly counts as impalement.

3. Erica says:

When do we get to read about the lawsuit? I mean.. they parents HAVE to sue this babysitter.

4. Karen King says:

I am 56 yrs old and one of the Kid 10 commandments written by my parents and grandmother was , “Don’t jump on the bed. You could fall and crack your skull.”

5. Cindy Maddy says:

Yeah… at age 4, I was doing the “Nes Tea Plunge” off my headboard with my brother. My leg slipped between the wall and headboard on my ‘last plunge’ and snapped my femur clean.

No news story there either. Noadays, it would have spurred a law-suit against the advertisement…

6. Cindy says:

My 4 year old climbed on her dresser to get a headband and ended up with 4 stitches! No news story. Glad he’s ok but agreed pssh.

7. pssh says:

When I was a kid, my brother punched a hole in his skull in a similar incident. Needless to say, there was no news story.

1. John says:

Everything makes news toady. We used to get injured on a regular basis

2. Chiihuahua Mama says:

Maybe today was a slow news day?

1. noname says:

This stuff is news because this is what we get any more, like the equivalent of fast food. There is no longer any reporting of anything that’s happening of real concern to our future as in what’s happening in city hall etc…because that would require follow up reporting or investigative reporting…and may take some intelligent effort to follow. Takes too much time. any type of news reported on is generated to grab your eye. if it gets your attention the station or paper gets advertising money. Look how we got lored in, read this and commented on it.

Comments are closed.