NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News

Local

Prelim Held For Suspect Charged With Four Rapes, Sexual Assaults In Kensington

(File photo)

(File photo)

Gregg_Cherrie--NEW Cherri Gregg
Cherri Gregg is the community affairs reporter for KYW Newsr...
Read More

By Cherri Gregg

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A preliminary hearing was held Thursday for the man charged with rape and other crimes for allegedly sexually assaulting four women at knifepoint in the Kensington area last year.

Prosecutors say 31-year-old Marcos Camacho raped or sexually assaulted four women along the Kensington Avenue corridor back in November. Three of the four victims testified at the hearing, identifying Camacho as their attacker. Prosecutor Jack O’Neal says each of the victims had a similar story:

“The second victim, pretty much the same. She was asked into the car and got into the car. And the third victim was forced into the car. There was a knife pulled on each of them.”

At this point, prosecutors declined to comment on whether there is any DNA evidence, but the judge in the case held the three cases for trial. The fourth victim is expected to testify on March 15th.

Defense attorney Alphonso Gambone says Camacho will plead not guilty to all charges. Camacho’s bail is set at $250,000 for each case, for a combined $1 million. A retainer from federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement has also been issued in the case.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 35,109 other followers