Pet Owners Unite At The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo
Philadelphia Pet Expo
Date: January 13 – 15
Hours of operation: Friday: 4 p.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.Price: Adults $12.00 / Children 11 & Under $5.00 / Children 3 & Under: Free
Animal lovers of every bent will gather again this year to learn about all kinds of pets–everything from dogs and cats to pot-bellied pigs, exotic birds, lizards, ferrets, miniature horses and more. Along with a number of educational demonstrations, there will also be entertaining shows, hands-on petting, and even adoption opportunities at the Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo.
Here are some of the exciting shows that will be offered at the expo:
- The Rainforest Reptile Show, which is hailed as the most popular traveling wildlife educational program.
- The Mutt-Allicia Rocking Rescue Dog Sport and Comedy Show that will offer a mix of music, costumes and dog tricks.
- The Kan-Do K9’s Obedience, Rally, and Drill Team Demonstrations, which are designed to educate visitors about the world of dogs.
- Elmwood Park Zoo staff will introduce visitors to a number of animals and explain how they protect themselves from predators in the wild.
- Joy Freedman, dog behaviorist and obedience instructor, will hold a question and answer session, as well as a Child/Dog Safety program.
Also, the Parade of Breeds will held at the expo on January 15th at 4:00 p.m. It is open to purebred, healthy dogs, 6 months and older, that are parasite-free and are up-to-date with their shots. There is no entrance fee, but participants must pay the show’s general admission fee. The form is available online. Once completed, either fax it to 631-423-0567 or email it to Karen Garetano at Kgaretan@optonline.net, with the Parade of Breeds on the subject line. Next, arrive at the Dog Arena at 3:45 p.m. to sign in and participate.
Related: New gadgets for your pets.
This is a one-of-a-kind event for pet lovers. Get ready to celebrate the world of animal companions—learning, touching, exhibiting, competing and having loads of family fun at the Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo in 2012.
Carol Josel, a Blue Bell, PA resident, is a learning specialist, author of three books, and examiner.com contributor. Her work can be found here