7 Puppies Found Abandoned On Side Of Chester Road

CHESTER, Pa. (CBS) — The Delaware County SPCA is looking for homes for seven puppies found abandoned on the side of the road in Chester.

According to the SPCA, four Good Samaritans found the sickly and underweight Shepherd/Lab mix puppies along on Route 291 on Tuesday morning. The Good Samaritans, who wish to remain anonymous, put them in a crate and brought them to the SPCA.

Officials from the Delaware County SPCA say their goal is to get the puppies health and find them a new home in time for Christmas.

If you are interested in adopting one of the puppies, contact the Delaware County SPCA.

For more information on the Delaware County SPCA, visit: http://www.delcospca.org/ .

Comments

1. Diana says:

RE JAMES SMITH: THERE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT ALL WALKS OF LIFE INCLUDING ANIMAL LIFE. WE NEED MORE EMPATHY IN THE WORLD AND MAYBE WE WOULD ALL BE LIVING IN A BETTER WORLD. DO YOU KNOW WHAT EMPATHY MEANS? YOU NEED SOME EMPATHY IN YOUR LIFE!

2. Morrigan says:

Yet another irresponsible owner who didn’t bother to spay or neuter their dogs. Please, if you love your pets, don’t let their children suffer like this. Those pups could have died of exposure, been hit by cars, or fallen to predators.

1. Dee says:

Well said Morrigan!

3. Somerdale Dave says:

Oh Wow! They’re a Shepard Lab mix. That means friendly, obedient, and responsive to training. Unfortunately I already have two adopted cats and an adopted dog. When I’m ready for another I will adopt. Until then I will continue to donate to my local shelter.

In these hard times many people are abandoning their pets because they cannot afford them. I hope the SPCA is using a means test as part of it’s adoption procedure.

4. Dee says:

How very sad.. how anyone could abuse, mistreat, neglect and dispose of our animal friends is beyond any understanding.. as there is no answer… hope they find who abandoned these babies.. and mostly that they are nursed back to health and homes are found for these cuddly puppies. The Good Samaritans that rescued them.. God Bless you !!!!! I applaud you

5. JustMe says:

Also, many thanks to the good Samaritans who were kind enough to take them to the SPCA where they will get the care they need.

6. JustMe says:

How awful. If my complex allowed me to have one, I’d be more than happy to give one of the pups a good home. I hope the SPCA find really good homes for all of them. I also hope they find out who left them out there like that and site them for animal cruelty.

Comments are closed.