By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The search is on for two men suspected of robbing five people near the Temple University campus – all in just over an hour.
The suspects are armed and four out of the five victims are Temple students. One of the victimized students spoke to Eyewitness News but asked that we don’t identify him.
“He gave me what I thought was fairly a thorough pat down.”
According to the victim, the bold and brazen bandits did not take “no” for an answer.
“He kept insisting I had money. He kept saying, ‘What do you have? What do you have?’ And I kept telling him I didn’t have anything.”
It happened Wednesday evening between 7:45pm and 8:55pm within blocks of the 2000 block of North 15th Street.
“The guy kind of gave me a push toward the wall and that’s when he took the opportunity to pull what looked like a gun out of his waistband.”
Lt. Patrick Doherty with the Philadelphia Police Department added, “It is unusual to see something like this, that many robberies in such a short of time span. They took debit cards, cell phones, some cash, luckily no one was injured.”
Temple police are also on alert. Eyewitness News obtained a memo sent to students and staff, noting there will be added police presence and asking anyone who sees the men involved, to not approach them but to call 911 right away.
Lt. Doherty explained, “One male would approach point of gun and commit the robbery, the other male would act as a look out. Anyone who’s armed with a gun, all robberies are serious but this is a top priority to get these males identified.”
Police believe the males are responsible for the following robberies:
– On November 30, 2011, at 7:45pm, the complainant was walking on the 2000 block of N. 15th Street when two unknown males approached him. One of the suspects showed him a silver handgun demanding money and went through his bag. The suspects fled South on 1900 North 15th Street without taking any money.
– On November 30, 2011 at 8:00pm, the complainant and witness were walking on the 1900 block of Fontain Street when two unknown males approached them. One of the suspects pointed a black handgun and took her PNC Debit card and fled South on 18th Street.
– On November 30, 2011, at 8:15pm, the complainant was walking on the 1300 block of North Carlisle Street when two unknown males grabbed her. One of the males pulled a handgun from his waistband and pointed it at her demanding money. The suspects took the complainant’s cell phone, debit card, and money then fled North on Carlisle Street.
– On November 30, 2011, at 8:32pm, the complainant was walking on the 1300 block of North Franklin Street when two unknown males approached him. One of the suspects grabbed him by the neck and pointed a gun at him demanding money. The suspects took $10 and fled South on Franklin Street toward Girard Avenue.
– On November 30, 2011, at 8:55pm, the complainant was walking on the 900 block of West Montgomery Street when two unknown males approached her. One of the suspects pointed a black gun at her demanding money. The complainant stated she did not have any money and the suspects fled North on 10th Street from Montgomery Avenue.
Anyone with information about these crimes or these suspects is asked to contact Central Detective Division, Special Investigations Unit @ 215-686-3047.
To view the surveillance photos: http://www.phillypolice.com/news/suspects-wanted-for-multiple-robberies-in-the-22nd-and-26th-districts