Police: Delaware Mom Let 9-Year-Old Drive To School Because He ‘Begged Her’

tammy oneal Police: Delaware Mom Let 9 Year Old Drive To School Because He Begged Her

DOVER, Del. (CBS) – A Delaware mother let her 9-year-old son drive to school while she rode shotgun because he bugged her to drive, police said.

Tammy Oneal, 34, is facing several charges after the incident that happened Tuesday morning at Brown Elementary School in Delaware.

According to police, several witnesses told them they saw the 9-year-old boy pull into the parking lot of the school and get out of the car. Police say Oneal then drove away from the school.

When questioned, Oneal reportedly told police she let her son drive to school because he had been bugging her to drive. Oneal also told investigators that her son has been driving in a nearby field since he was five.

Oneal has been charged with reckless endangering and endangering the welfare of a child. She was released on $1,000 bail.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

1. robert bankins says:

Yes you can have children but it doesn’t mean that she is mentally,emotionally and physically capable of handling the daily struggles of raising them. I would have to say she was never ready.

2. Christie says:

People should have to take a parenting test before they can have kids. This woman is not all there. She acts like there is nothing wrong with what she has done.

3. Linda D Bryant says:

Give this mother a psych test to see if her elevator even goes to all floors.
    I hope that some relatives can take custody of her child, rather than have him go
    to DHS!

1. anon513 says:

Linda, YES, THEY ARE. I totally agree with you. I, too, hope some relatives can take him in. DHS will only let him fall through the cracks like so many others.

4. Ray says:

Mommy — I Want I want I Want a AK47 now!!!!!!

1. Bernadette says:

Wow, there’s something seriously wrong with society today and it all starts at home…there’s something with her? more importantly is there any other in that home.

5. CtotheB says:

this child should be placed in protective custody….”he has been driving in a field since he was 5″?

Comments are closed.