Asante Samuel’s Laying His Cards on the Table

By Matthew Nadu

There’s something wrong in the system and Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel is speaking out. Actually it’s more of a look that’s giving away his play.

The man that created one of the sparse positives in the Eagles 21-17 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at Lincoln Financial Field Sunday with his pick-six, is now talking about some off field issues.

Mommy issues that is.

The secret is out Samuel, along with several teammates, is hosting a celebrity charity poker tournament tonight at Whisper Nightclub in Center City Philadelphia for his Bring It Home Single Mom’s Foundation.

Eagles DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek and Jon Dorenbos — none of which went to Penn State — will all be in attendance to support the organization that supports low-income single mom’s and their search for cost efficient housing.

The guest list also includes NBA players Udonis Haslem and Keyon Dooling, barring any changes in the lockout. Wait there is none so yes, they’ll be there.

The poker style tourney includes southern hospitality style rewards including a trip to see the Birds play the Dolphins and a Miami deep sea fishing trip.

Things may not be so pleasant in Birdtown, but you can help make a positive difference on the road to victory.

Follow Matthew Nadu on Twitter @matthewnadu

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Southeasterner says:

carshark must be 10 years old, judging by the attack. I understand about headlines. Here is the first sentence: “There’s something wrong in the system and Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel is speaking out.” What is Asante speaking out about, regarding the Eagle’s system? Oh, I get it the “system”, as in the “man”…whatever.

BTW, most single mom’s are that way because they want welfare, so they keep cranking out kids, which working people have to pay for. If I wasn’t stuck on a lay over, I wouldn’t have time for this.

2. cardshark says:

Southeasterner is a moron… “Laying his cards on the table”=poker as in the charity event. Journalism 101 headlines grab viewers attention which it worked for you. Upset I missed the event. Could care less about the NBA though.

3. K says:

why was penn state mentioned at all?

wow this this bad

1. dave says:

I agree. That comment is totally unrelated and unprofessional. The writer should be fired.

4. Southeasterner says:

What the heck is this article about? Not only is it 6th grade grammer, with errors, there’s no coonection to the headline. KYW is going down hill.

BTW, everyone is making obscene money in professional sports, not just the players. I could care less about basketball, but if the owners are greedy why should the players be any different. They need to cut back everyone’s salary so that a family of four can actually afford to attend.

1. cardshark says:

Southeasterner is a moron… “Laying his cards on the table” = poker reference, as in the charity event. Journalism 101: headlines grab the viewers attention. It obviously worked for you. Upset I missed the event. Could care less about the NBA though.

5. Philip says:

Does Asante have to pay the NBA idiots a fee since they have no jobs right now? They could go back to work tomorrow if their greed would let up. They can cancel the season for all I care. I for 1 won’t miss it. I hope it folds. More hockey on tv works for me. Also more Phillies games on CSN since there won’t be boring playoff games on tv.

Comments are closed.