Former Neighbor Of Linda Weston Searching For “Little L”
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Eyewitness news continues to cover the story involving children and adults who police say were abused by 51-year-old Linda Weston and at least three others. On Monday, Eyewitness News reporter Jericka Duncan sat down with Linda Weston’s former neighbors, who at one point, say they had plans to adopt a child from Weston.
Chevelle McGill and her husband say they have raised five of their own children. When they met their neighbor’s toddler “Little L,” they say they wanted to become parents again.
McGill shared home video of her playing with the girl she wanted to adopt. She says she called the girl “Little L” because Weston told McGill the girl was named after her.
Weston is a convicted murderer who is now facing kidnapping, aggravated assault, and other related offenses. Last week, police rescued four mentally disabled adults held captive in the basement of a Tacony apartment building.
Police also recovered several children and teenagers who were living with Weston. Police say some of them appeared to have been abused. When McGill found out her former next-door neighbor is a prime suspect in one of the city’s worst cases of abuse, her first thought she said was, “Where is ‘Little L,’ where is she at, and is she ok?”
McGill and her 25-year-old daughter, Monique Ruffin, say Linda seemed like a nice person.
“She seemed like a regular person,” said Ruffin.
The McGill’s say Linda lived next to them in Fairhill for about six months before moving out in October of 2007. The adoption never happened. They say Linda moved in the middle of the night and they haven’t seen “Little L” since.
Reported by Jericka Duncan, CBS 3
'Basement Of Horror' Coverage
- READ:Wide Gag Order Issued
- READ:Preliminary Hearing Set
- READ:Former Neighbor Of Linda Weston Searching For “Little L”
- READ: Grandparents of Rescued Kids Will Seek Custody
- READ: 4th Suspect Arrested In Tacony ‘Dungeon’ Case
- READ: Understanding The ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: Exclusive: Brother Of ‘Basement Of Horror’ Suspect Describes History Of Violence
- READ: Police Commissioner Creating Task Force To Probe Philadelphia Captivity Case
- READ: Exclusive: Victims Describe Horrific Basement Captivity
- READ: Missing Florida Teen Found In Philadelphia, Linked To Basement Captive Case
- PHOTOS: 4 Adults, 6 Children In Custody In Connection With ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: 3 Charged After 4 Disabled Adults Found Locked In Tacony ‘Dungeon’