By Lesley Van Arsdall
Why we can be optimistic after the bye…
1. Andy Reid is 12-0 after the bye week, which means he’s doing something right.
2. Brandon Graham is coming of the PUP list… Trent Cole and Jason Peters could also potentially be back.
3. They have three home games in a row … they can’t lose them all. (I hope!)
4. Yes, they probably have to win the division to get to the playoffs, BUT the division is pretty weak.
5. After a 1-3 start in 2007, the Eagles finished 7-4 after the bye. That was aided by three straight wins to close the regular season. (granted, that year they finished 8-8 and didn’t make the playoffs, but last year the Seahakws won their division with a 7-9 record, so who knows what can happen)
Bottom line, this is a team loaded with talent that just hasn’t figured out how to win. Maybe all they needed was a little time off? We shall see.