Oren Liebermann reports…
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The three suspects charged with keeping four mentally disabled adults locked in a basement as part of an alleged social security fraud scheme are expected to make their first appearances in court Monday.
Linda Ann Weston, Gregory Thomas and Eddie Wright have been charged with criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, kidnapping, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and related offenses.
Police say those three suspects, in addition to Weston’s daughter, Jean McIntosh, are all connected to the brutal captivity of four adults – three men and one woman – who were found locked in a sub-basement, suffering from malnutrition in a Tacony home on October 16th.
The victims, who are now recovering at a personal care facility contracted by the state, are said to have not only been victims of physical abuse but a social security fraud scheme led my Weston, according to police. Authorities believe the alleged scheme may date back over a decade. Investigators say when they arrested Weston, she had at least 50 different identifications on her.
Weston’s daughter, McIntosh, is expected to have her court appearance on Wednesday.
‘Basement Of Horror’ Coverage
- READ:Wide Gag Order Issued
- READ:Preliminary Hearing Set
- READ:Former Neighbor Of Linda Weston Searching For “Little L”
- READ: Grandparents of Rescued Kids Will Seek Custody
- READ: 4th Suspect Arrested In Tacony ‘Dungeon’ Case
- READ: Understanding The ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: Exclusive: Brother Of ‘Basement Of Horror’ Suspect Describes History Of Violence
- READ: Police Commissioner Creating Task Force To Probe Philadelphia Captivity Case
- READ: Exclusive: Victims Describe Horrific Basement Captivity
- READ: Missing Florida Teen Found In Philadelphia, Linked To Basement Captive Case
- PHOTOS: 4 Adults, 6 Children In Custody In Connection With ‘Basement Of Horror’ Case
- READ: 3 Charged After 4 Disabled Adults Found Locked In Tacony ‘Dungeon’