‘Guess The Seats’ Official Rules
October 7, 2011 5:06 PM
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Guess The Seats promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WIP(FM) (the “Station”) beginning on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) or whenever the Grand Prize winner is determined, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
- Beginning 10/10/11 at 7:00 am ET through 7:00 pm ET (the “Promotion Periods”), listeners must listen to the Station for the on-air talent to announce when to call (the “Cue”). Once a Cue is announced on-air, the ninth (9th) caller to get through to the Station’s contest line at 610-949-0459 will be considered a “Contestant”, upon confirmation of eligibility, and will have the chance to win two (2) tickets to the Phillies vs TBD baseball playoff game on Monday, October 7th, 2011. At the time of their call, callers will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes their call will be a winner. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a winner only once. The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. Due to delays in the Station’s online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. There will be a maximum of twelve (12) Cues aired per hour during the Promotion Periods.
- Once a Contestant has been determined, he/she will be asked to guess which section (by number) the Prize tickets’ seats are located in. If the Contestant guesses the correct section location, they will be asked to guess the row (by number) that the Prize seats are located in. If the Contestant guesses the correct row, he/she will be asked to guess the exact seats (by number) are listed on the tickets. Seats will be grouped in sets of two with an odd number followed by the consecutive even number seat (e.g. 1,2 ; 3,4 ; 5,6 ; etc). If a Contestant incorrectly guesses either the section, row, or seats listed on the tickets, they will be disqualified from the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the Station’s Abitron Metro Area in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Philadelphia metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Persons are eligible to win a prize valued at $50 or more or a ticket prize valued at $100 or more (per ticket) in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every thirty (30) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
- Each winner must provide valid government-issued driver’s license/photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: Grand Prize is two (2) tickets to the Phillies vs. TBD baseball playoff game on Monday, October 10th at 8:00 pm ET at Citizens Bank Park, 1 Citizens Bank Way, Philadelphia, PA, 19148. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $200.
- All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from the game are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and guest may be required to sign a Publicity and Liability Waiver form prior to attending the game. If a selected event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station, the Station’s sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available portion of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded portion of the prize. The Station reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or travel companion(s) if either engages in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed by 11:00 pm ET on October 10, 2011. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Grand Prize tickets may be picked up at the will-call box office of Citizens Bank Park. Grand Prize winner must be able to show valid government-issued photo identification to claim the tickets. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in the manner described in Section 1 of these official Promotion Rules. Winner will be notified on-air at the time of their call. Once the Grand Prize winner is selected, the Promotion will end and no other callers will have a chance to win the Grand Prize. Grand Prize will be awarded upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends upon the number and order of calls received.
- Entrants must listen to the Station, but need not be present, to win.
- The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release by 8:00 pm ET on October 10, 2011 or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- The Station reserves the right to change the end date of the Promotion.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by October 10, 2011 to “Guess The Seats – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, SportsRadio WIP, 2 Bala Plaza, Suite 700, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 10, 2011 to the above address marked “Guess The Seats – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at www.cbsphilly.com.
Sponsor: SportsRadio WIP, 2 Bala Plaza, Suite 700, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004