PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There’s a full slate of college football action for the area’s Division II and Division III squads.
The highlight game is probably in Doylestown as Delaware Valley College takes on Lebanon Valley College. The Aggies are 2-0 on the season, with both wins coming by a single point.
This is the MAC opener for both teams, and Aggies’ head coach Jim Clements says the Flying Dutchmen have some special talent on offense.
“They’ve got an All-American running back (senior Ben Guiles) who is an extremely good runner. He’s got great vision, he’s got good speed, he breaks tackles, catches the ball well out of the backfield, and he’s the key. He and their quarterback (senior Colt Zarilla) are the lynchpins of that offense,” Clements tells KYW Newsradio.
Hear Matt Leon’s full interview with Jim Clements in this CBS Philly SportsPod…
And Lebanon Valley has piled up the points so far in 2011: eighty-four total, in their two wins.
This game kicks off at 1:00pm.
Also on the local schedule for Saturday:
* 2-0 Widener hosts Lycoming (1:00). The Pride have also cranked up the offense this season with 44 points in each of their two wins.
* Rowan (0-1) comes off an early bye week and visits Brockport at 1:30pm.
* Ursinus looks to bounce back from two straight season-opening tough losses as they host F&M at 1:00pm.
* 1-1 Cheyney will be on the road, as they visit Edinboro.
* 0-2 Lincoln will play its home opener at 6:00pm, as they host CIAA foe Virginia Union.
Reported by Matt Leon, KYW Newsradio 1060