Top Financial Advisor Of Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Fired

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The top financial advisor of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia has been fired.

According to a statement released by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Anita Guzzardi was fired on July 23rd. Her termination comes nine days after being placed on administrative leave from her position as Chief Financial Officer.

In a statement, the director of communications for the archdiocese, Donna Farrell, wrote that on July 13th, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office alerted the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to financial accounting irregularities.

Farrell would not give an oral statement, but according to the prepared news release, she says Guzzardi’s termination comes as a result of an internal investigation, adding that the archdiocese has been cooperating fully with the Philadelphia DA’s office and will continue to do so.

Reported by Hadas Kuznits, KYW Newsradio

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Karma Believer says:

Oh and I too worked with Anita unfortunately! I 100% believe she did this – the Karma train has come full circle on this self rightous woman! She wouldn’t have been fired had there not been enough evidence to do so! Administrative Leave to firing – hmmmm….couldn’t have happened to a better person :) Holy than thou – NOT!

1. Vicky D. says:

I totally agree with you, she’s guilty 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Karma Believer says:

Thank you Vicky – although I must say it’s out of character for her – she did get in the end what she deserved – I remember her laughing about others misfortunes – smirking with her newly found higher archy friends – can not wait to see how this plays out and I don’t wish ill on anyone – if you are truly a good person and lead a good life – good things will come to you – when you are fake and use people – eh – you get yours!

2. compassionate friend says:

I know Anita and work with her on several other projects. She absolutely did not do this nor would she ever think about doing such a dispicable thing. Remember, innocent until proven guilty. I will keep her in my thoughts & prayers during this very difficult time for her family.

3. Marian says:

She can’t have stolen the money! Really hard to believe! So sad!

4. anders norsman says:

Praying with one hand STEALING with the other. Can’t wait to hear what was done with the money and the emount.

Comments are closed.