2 Wounded In Shooting Outside Atlantic City Casino

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (CBS) – Two people were hospitalized after being shot near an Atlantic City casino early Tuesday morning.

The shooting happened at about 1 a.m. at Michigan Avenue and The Boardwalk near Bally’s Casino.

According to investigators, the incident began as a fight between approximately 15 people. Police say nearly 100 people were near the brawl. As officers were attempting to break up the crowd, a suspect pulled out a gun and opened fire.

A 17-year-old male from Vineland and a 22-year-old male from Bridgeton were wounded in the shooting. The 17-year-old was shot in the left leg and the second victim was shot in the upper chest.

The 17-year-old victim was treated at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and later released. The 22-year-old was also taken to AtlantiCare and was still being examined early Tuesday morning. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.

Police say the suspect fled the scene after the shooting. A gun believed to have been used in the shooting was located at the Bally’s bus terminal.

Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to contact the Atlantic City Police Department at 609-347-5766.

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. zrodfx says:

…..and the ones that are in the NBA don’t bring down America ? Role models ?
    You want your kid to grow up playing ball or, reading a book ? In the black ‘community’ they ARE mutually exclusive.

2. Charles Runyon says:

Why attack the whole group of people because some are out of control? I suppose all the hillbilly meth-heads are ok, right? Yes, the reporter should give a description of the perp but why attack all blacks? I guess all gun owners are evil based on your genralizations. Sad!

1. Charles Runyon says:

generalizations

3. Yogi Baer says:

Those Amish are at it again

4. DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH! says:

Welcome to our http://www.NewNation.org

5. Booda says:

If I saw a young white male running down the street around 1 am should I bother calling the tip line? How do I know if my information is valuable if I don’t know the race of the perp?

6. Bob says:

I went to Atlantic City in 2006 with my family. We did not have the bucks to stay in the casino hotel so we stayed in a cheaper place a few blocks away. Let me tell you Atlantic City is one scary place and I’d never go back there. Right on the Boardwalk you are OK and the Casinos of course. But just a very short walk away and you are into some very very nasty looking neighborhoods and very nasty looking people. No, they are not all black. But everyone looks nasty. The hotel we stayed at was literally on the EDGE. One night we awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of a drunk/high man walking through the parking lot cursing at the top of his voice. I was never so happy as when we got the hell out of dodge.
    While casinos might provide jobs for some people they are absolutely NO ANSWER to urban blight. Overall casinos pull down the community and do not lift it up. I would bet 99% of the employees of the Atlantic City Casinos do not live close to them and the employees they do have are domestics in the hotels and not people with well-paying jobs.
    If we want to help the inner city, let’s legalize drugs number one. Let’s put in school vouchers number two. Let’s exempt new business from taxes for ten years number three. Let’s phase out all welfare number four. In 20 years time the inner city in America will be as safe as North Dakota.

7. Walt Dukehart says:

Wow – what a scrubbed news account ! Oh, wait – it’s CBS. That explains it.

8. tom blair says:

Seems to me the phrase “as a fight between approximately 15 people” should be worded “a fight among approximately 15 people.”

Separate issue. Is it a reporters job to hide information as well as report information. This article is masterful at both.

9. Reality says:

The stunning lack of details indicates it was humanzees again.Look,peeps,the obamauts are NOT going to be in power for perpetuity,you better get a real grip,and quick!

10. John says:

hmmm…i wonder why there are no descriptions of the perps…

11. Byron says:

If by “Blacks” you mean ghetto thugs with zero respect for life and even less respect for themselves, then the answer is a resounding “yes”.

12. Fed up says: