Woman Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted, Stalked By Lower Merion Police Officer

LOWER MERION, Pa. (CBS) – Lower Merion officials are calling for a full investigation after a young woman went public at Wednesday night’s commissioners’ meeting, accusing a township cop of sexually assaulting her last October and then stalking her for more than a month.

Eyewitness News is not naming the 26-year-old woman from Bryn Mawr.

“I know I’m not the first, and I know I’m not the last.”

According to sources, the woman initially considered the officer her friend.

The friendship, sources say, started last summer, but ended last October. Sources say that’s when the woman claims the officer pursued her romantically and at one point, groped her without her permission.

“I was stalked outside my window, he saw me naked and I have post traumatic stress because of this.”

Liz Rogan, Board of Commissioners President, said, “I had no idea anyone was going to come in and speak about that matter and I felt awful for the woman when she spoke to us.”

Watch The Video …

Eyewitness News learned from sources the woman never made a formal complaint. Sources say she was afraid to do so. But when a concerned neighbor notified township officials, the woman claims a fellow police officer detained her for no reason in a parking lot near her home last October.

“I just want justice. I’m not seeking money. I just don’t want this to happen to another girl.”

Township officials say the investigation will be handled by the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office.

“That is a very serious allegation and it’s something that’s appropriate to be referred to law enforcement and so when it comes to us we’ll certainly be looking at it,” D.A. Risa Vetri Ferman said.

According to sources, the accused officer is in his 40s and married with children.

Reported by Elizabeth Hur, CBS 3; Brad Segall, KYW Newsradio

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Comments

1. Jim Graber says:

I can’t believe that you would stand up behind the blue wall of silence instead of taking this poor woman’s word for this. It does her no good to admit this type of things, she only has to deal with the doubters.

6 months to come forward… It takes a woman that has never been pregnant at least a month to figure this out, many it takes 3. The statute of limitations is years. You should give her credit for figuring out what has happened before she really did falsely accuse this cop. She was clearly scared by this man. Where are the women to stand up for this poor woman?

Your cops are corrupt. Look at their record. If its not one crime that gets written off, its another. This girl was raped by most peoples standards. A trial is great, but get used to the new America Deputy! You can only get away with this lawlessness.

The cop behind this should never be allowed to work in a position where he has anything other than a bottle of pills that sterilize him medically.

1. Zzbar says:

Well said X2. Glad this Lady has come forward and reported this. Does this (cop assaults) happen a lot, YES.

2. Julius May says:

So sad.

3. sheriff says:

If she isn’t telling the truth & this is a “Get even” deal, shame on her ass. She is gonna have to move on the moon.

4. Oh-Now-I-See says:

Give her some money, she’ll write a book (more money), “Lifetime” will it make a movie(more money)…all is well.

5. CAPS says:

Just ANOTHER cop cover up

6. Heather says:

She did report it, read the article again. She was detained by another officer after reporting it, and obviously nothing ever came of it. This happens a lot. No matter what the boys in blue say, they protect their own.

7. Lisa says:

I dated a Montco cop years ago (not this twp) who claimed to be undercover, and after I suspected he was married and questioned him he became irrational. He told me that he could “plant dope in peoples cars” and that “people disappear everyday and are never found.” I was glad I never saw him again after that and can’t believe he hasn’t snapped yet. If I hadn’t been so scared I would have reported him but cops have a lot of power. If her story is true, she had reason to be intimidated.

1. Kelsey says:

I dated a cop like that too (and from Lower Merion township.) He was 10 years older than me and had a child, and I wasn’t looking for anything serious like he was. He became really irrational then. He also drank a lot and had little respect for the law. He was very unstable and I had to have a male friend of mine watch out for me for a little bit to get him to back off. VERY SCARY STUFF. Wonder if it’s the same guy.

8. Oh-Now-I-See says:

Why did she wait 6 months before bringing it to the attention of the township??

1. Tom Keffers says:

Very good point !

2. CSA says:

Why did she “bring it to the attention” of the township at a public meeting that is televised on cable? Something isn’t right with this tale, and I usually take the woman’s side. Lower Merion cops are not your typical cops, especially when they are dealing with LMT citizens … not that it couldn’t have happened, but this just doesn’t sound right.

1. Jennifer says:

First of all I know this girl extremely well, in fact she has been my best friend for 20 years. Shame on all of you who doubt her it took her a long time to have the guts to com forward because she was so afraid that no on would believe her and that everyone would believe the cop. I know first hand that these “allegations” are sooo very true. so if you dont know the whole story dont even bother putting you rude comments up here, its one of the many reasons why so many of these cases never see the day of light because of ignorant people who scrutinize the VICTIM. and by the way she is only coming forward so that this guy doesnt do this to somone else. Have some respect, please

9. Zzbar says:

Why “full investigation” so many times. Would you do a partial investigation?
    “This was something that we didn’t expect at all, and it was certainly very disturbing that this woman would have to come forward in order to get attention from the township — come forward in such a public way,” She did it this way so it would not be covered up. Its out in the open. “Good for her” !!!!!

1. CSA9350 says:

She didn’t have to “come forward” in this manner — all she had to do was go to one of the commissioners, or go to the district attorney, there are many avenues outside the police department. Think, people, don’t just react.

Comments are closed.